What we want
The goal of our actions in every situation is to secure and improve the quality of life of the patients entrusted to us.
Using modern procedures and equipment, we pursue the goal of providing the best medical care. The satisfaction of the patient owners is also close to our heart.
These services can only be provided as part of a team and require on the one hand close cooperation within the practice and on the other hand trustful cooperation with referring colleagues.
We offer the following, extensive services for your animal:
Not only the particularly serious cases are gladly seen in the veterinary practice Karlsbad - we are also responsible for little "aches and pains"!
Patients of our practice enjoy many advantages:
- General examination and treatment of
- dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and
- smaller rodents, ferrets and birds
- Possibility of inpatient admission
- Vaccinations of dogs, cats, rabbits etc.
- Health certificates and advice on
- Travels abroad
- Electronic identification (microchip)
- Feeding advice for puppies, overweight animals and rodents, but also for certain diseases (feed allergy, diabetes mellitus, kidney and liver diseases)
You can expect competent advice from us on all relevant topics.
We also offer emergency consultation hours on weekends and public holidays.
In urgent cases a veterinarian is available daily from 7 to 22 o'clock, who will give you competent assistance.
Severely ill animals can be admitted to our hospital.
from castration to bone fracture
The field of surgery is diverse and deals with diseases in all regions of the body that can be treated by surgery. In veterinary medicine, a distinction is usually made between two large groups: soft tissue surgery and orthopaedic surgery.
Soft tissue surgery includes interventions in the abdominal area, i.e. abdominal surgery, e.g. castration or caesarean sections, tumours, foreign bodies, intussusception of the intestine or stomach rotations. Interventions in/on the thorax (thoracic surgery) are often necessary after traumatic injuries or tumors. This also includes areas of trauma surgery. Reconstructive or plastic surgery is used to treat larger injuries after bite or burn injuries.
The field of bone surgery and orthopaedic surgery includes on the one hand bone interventions such as fracture treatment and on the other hand damage to ligaments and joints such as torn cruciate ligaments. Since such injuries are often caused by trauma, there is often additional extensive damage to soft tissue and muscles.
All operations are performed under an anaesthesia adapted to the respective necessity. General anaesthesia or general anaesthesia means a reversible state of unconsciousness (hypnosis), muscle relaxation (immobilization, relaxation) and pain relief (analgesia) caused by anaesthetics. Local anaesthesia, on the other hand, limits the complete elimination of pain sensation caused by anaesthetics to certain regions of the body, by reversible blocking of nerve transmission after application or injection of local anaesthetics/analgesics.
Tooth and Co.
Oral cavity diseases are among the most common problems in dogs, cats and small pets. However, the diseases hardly differ from those of humans - periodontitis, tooth fractures, tooth resorption, oral cavity inflammation and tumours. However, none of the affected animals can draw attention to them to the same extent as humans. Dogs, cats and small pets often have to cope with all sorts of painful illnesses that affect their general condition over a long period of time, unless a thorough
- examination and a targeted treatment will eliminate the problem.
- Thanks to many years of experience and intensive training, we can offer our patients a wide range of services in the field of dentistry and oral cavity surgery:
- Tartar removal by ultrasound, scaling plus polishing and
- Fluorine Sealing
- dental fillings e.g. with light-curing plastics, also
- Root canal fillings
- tooth extractions
- Periodontal treatments
- Orthodontics for malocclusion
- Dental crowns are made in cooperation with a dentist and a dental laboratory
- Cleft palate operations
- Prophylactic advice and treatment of dental and jaw problems in rabbits, guinea pigs and other pets according to the latest findings to consolidate normal chewing activity. For this purpose we have special equipment (e.g. straight burrs with integrated lighting) on our dental unit, which is used for precise, safe tooth correction in the small oral cavities of pets with great and lasting success.